Most people ingest poison 2X a day, 365 days a year. Surprised? It happens every time they brush their teeth.
Fluoride is only one of many toxins to which Americans are routinely exposed in their toothpaste. Toxins can be cumulative and this adds up over time to a total of 38.5 days average Americans spend brushing their teeth over his or her lifetime with a product toxic enough that if your child swallows it you are advised, on the package, to call the poison center.
Dental products are a major source of fluoride exposure, particularly for children. Our bodies are amazing at neutralizing toxins. But at some point the body can become overwhelmed, especially the small, developing systems of our children. And research is demonstrating that this not only impacts health but also decreases a child's IQ.
This is very easy to address. All we have to do is exchange conventional toothpaste with an FDA Poison Label, for a toothpaste that is 100% edible and safe and still does the job. Here is the reason for making this easy change.
95% of Toothpaste now contains Flouride, and 50+ human studies, based on IQ examinations of over 12,000 children, provide compelling evidence that fluoride exposure during the early years of life can damage a child's developing brain.
The Lancet, the world’s oldest and most prestigious medical journal has officially classified fluoride as a neurotoxin, in the same category as arsenic, lead and mercury. The Lancet Neurology, Volume 13, Issue 3, in the March 2014 edition, by authors Dr. Phillippe Grandjean and Philip J. Landrigan, MD. The report can be viewed by clicking here.
A recently-published Harvard University meta-analysis funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has concluded that children who live in areas with highly fluoridated water have “significantly lower” IQ scores than those who live in low fluoride areas, in a 32-page report that can be downloaded free of charge from Environmental Health Perspectives. So yes, you have to check your water too!
Sadly few realize how easy it is to swap their tooth products for something healthy AND amazing. See my favorite toothpaste here.
Seven Unnecessary & Harmful Ingredients in Conventional Toothpaste:
- Sodium Fluoride: A neurotoxin, causes soft tissue damage, Dental Fluorosis, and reduced IQ in children.
- Triclosan: An endocrine-disruptor and registered pesticide.
- Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate (SLS/SLES): Carcinogenic, increases risk of canker sores and if ingested causes nausea and diarrhea.
- Propylene Glycol: Component in antifreeze, causes damage to skin and cells.
- FD & C Dyes 1 & 2: Known for behavior, learning and health problems--can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, headaches, nausea, fatique, lack of concentration, and cancer.
- Titanium Dioxide: Possible carcinogen.
- Glycerin: Coats teeth and prevents remineralization.
All these ingredients provide a benefit of consistency and preservation of the product. But none are necessary for health.
The poison label is specific, so what is the risk?
- A single strip of toothpaste covering the length of a child’s brush contains between 0.75 to 1.5 mg of fluoride. This exceeds the amount of fluoride in most prescription fluoride supplements (0.25 to 1.0 mg).
- Many young children swallow over 50% of the paste added to their brush, particularly if they use candy-flavored varieties and if they are not supervised during brushing to ensure they spit and fully rinse. Research has shown that some children swallow more fluoride from toothpaste alone than is recommended from all sources combined.
- Although dentists now recommend that children only use “a pea-sized amount” of toothpaste, many children use more than this, particularly when the toothpaste has bubble gum and watermelon flavors.
Even Tom’s of Maine ingredients need to be reviewed. Tom's line of natural toothpaste for children, left out the synthetic sweeteners, neon colors and bubble gum flavors, but many contain the same levels of fluoride as competitors’ toothpastes. Make sure to check the label carefully.
People can have perfect healthy, white, clean, amazing teeth without consuming a fluoride product. As with teeth, no other tissue or cellular process requires fluoride. But teeth do require regular cleanliness and support. Which is why I created VIRTUE SKINFOOD Toothpowder, using 100% edible, food grade, bio-available ingredients, supporting health and dental hygiene. Every ingredient is a nutrient that supports our bodies' health and functioning, with no FDA poison label requirement. Please click here to read the ingredients, benefits and customer reviews.
Your mouth will be the freshest and most hygienic. And another benefit, we have found it is great for eliminating/reducing morning breath too! Yes, go ahead and brush your way to great health and teeth. Try the double goodness of our Toothpowder and our Tongue Scraper!
So remember this is easy to remedy! Brush daily using a toothpaste without a poison label!